In this hands on program Ian will describe and demonstrate the different types of splints available and when and how to use them. He will discuss which factors are important in deciding how to use these effectively in daily practice and give an overview of the examination and differential diagnosis needed to make a decision regarding the appropriate role of splint therapy for each problem. Each participant will have the opportunity to fabricate a simple diagnostic splint. Participants will be shown how to use information from the patient’s history and examination to decide which splint is most appropriate and how to use a splint.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Understand the main types and designs of occlusal splits.
• Appreciate the appropriate use of each splint.
• Understand the common problems that can be treated with occlusal splint therapy.
• Learn how to design and fabricate midpoint and full coverage splints.
• Understand how to fit and adjust both, midpoint, and full coverage splints:
Reading, Reading, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom